Use tags to communicate whether a piece of content is part of nouns — people, places, organizations, things.
However, tags cannot communicate nuanced relationships because:
- Tags are typically one word instead of a phrase. In such situations, you should use backlinks to Evergreen Cards.
- Tags can be added only at the entire article level while only a few lines or paragraph might be associated with the tag.
- Finally, once tagging becomes an SOP, some editors might associate content with certain tags even though the relationship might be lose in an attempt to meet the SOP
In a tag page, include the following to avoid Context Collapse:
- A brief 2-3 paragraph introduction explaining the topic
- A system map that explains and interconnects various tags related to the topic