Create content with Events
- Who can do it? Administrators, Editors, Authors, Contributors
- How to reach it? Content > Events
Media ain’t only articles. Host events — meetups, webinars, hackathons, round tables — to engage your audience. Use this functionality to announce events on your website and collect RSVPs.
How to create an event?
- Title: is the name of the event.
- Editor: add the description of the event like about the speakers or what is the event about.
Event related fields
- Address: add a physical location for people to join your event incase the event is happening in person.
- Google Maps Link: is the URL of the location. The location you enter will help people find the location easily.
- Video Conferencing Link: if the event is happening online then do not fill the above two fields, instead add link of the video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, Webex etc.
- Start Date and End Date: set the start date time and end date time of the event.
- Time Zone: set the time zone of the location.
General settings fields
- Author: name of the person creating the event and making an announcement
- Categories/ Tags: set other meta fields like categories, tags from the respective boxes
- Excerpts: add short description of the event.
- Featured image: upload the thumbnail image that appears in the cards and sometimes inside the cover of the events page. The aspect ratio needs to be 5:3 and ideal size should be 460px x 276px.
Humane settings fields
- Format: set the type of event like podcast, webinar, workshops etc. You can always add more formats by going to Spaces > Formats
Once its filled up, click on “Publish” button on top right. Once published, you can always come back and update the details.