Create content with Events
- Who can do it? Administrators, Editors, Authors, Contributors
- How to reach it? Content > Events
Media ain’t only articles. Host events — meetups, webinars, hackathons, round tables — to engage your audience. Use this functionality to announce events on your website and collect RSVPs.
How to create an event?
- Title is the name of the event.
- Address: add a physical location for people to join your event incase the event is happening in person.
- Google Maps Link: is the URL of the location. The location you enter will help people find the location easily.
- Video Conferencing Link: if the event is happening online then do not fill the above two fields, instead add link of the video conferencing platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, Webex etc.
- Start Date and End Date: set the start date time and end date of the event.
- Time Zone: set the time zone of the location.
- Organizer: name of the person hosting the event.
- Post author: name of the person creating the event and making an announcement
- Meta: set other meta fields like categories, tags, format.
- Excerpts: add short description of the event.
- Featured image: upload the thumbnail image that appears in the cards and sometimes inside the cover of the events page.
Once the event is created, you can edit the event to add detailed description about the event by clicking on “Add description or attachments” link. It will take you to the WordPress editor where you can add various type of content pieces like paragraph, list, image etc.
How to show event in the carousel?