Pitch offerings with Landing Pages
- Who can do it? Administrators, Editors, Authors, Contributors
- How to reach it? Marketing > Landing Pages
Use landing pages to get the most important pages of your site up in a jiffy: Homepage, About page, Product pages, FAQ page, Legal. Editors can create or change homepages without developers using Landing Pages. Surface relevant, old content on-the-fly in response to what’s in the news using Playlists. Beyond the homepage, create ‘sales pages’ for evergreen topics. This will improve the discoverability of old content, get yourself a high SEO score for that topic, and increase the shelf life of old content.
What is a slice?
A page is broken down into chunks of information called slices. This ensures that the content and the presentation is separated out and you don’t need to re-enter the content incase you want to change the view of how it is shown on the site.
A slice consists of following elements:
- Headline (H1/H2) of the section
- Description which allows you to add any WordPress Gutenberg blocks
- Call to action
- Cover image
- Look and feel
- Ability to attach different pieces of content like posts, pages, aggregations, events, data visualization, contact forms, writers and editors
What are the different types of Slice?
We support four slice types:
- Content: is used to show posts, pages, events, aggregations and images as a collection inside a carousel
- 10000ft: is used to show data visualization like map, gallery, table
- Contact: is used to show contact form
- People: is used to show team members in an organization
Note: Slices do not work in the draft mode as of now. You need to update the page so that the changes are reflected.
How to add a slice in a page?
Click on the + icon at the center of the page
Select the type of slice you want to add
Once the slice is added, it will look like this
How to duplicate a slice?
Click on the type of slice “Content Slice”. Three dots will appear with an option to duplicate.
How to change the sequence of the slices?
When you add more than one slice on the page, you get an option to change the order in which are they are shown on the page. Use up (^) and down arrows to move them around. You can also use six dots to drag them around at any position.
How to remove a slice?
Click on the three dots and you will see last option “Remove block”. This will remove the slice from the page.