[Jobs] Junior WordPress Developer
By Dhara Shah
Published Mar 10, 2023
Updated Mar 10, 2023
As a WordPress Developer, you’re responsible for applying fundamentals of WordPress to make websites more data-driven. You will build infrastructure to create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us scale our platform.
Experience — 1-2 years
Location — New Delhi, India
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often “own” features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working along side and helping other developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Building new features and functionalities on top of existing plugins and themes
- Creating plugins from scratch for marketing, content, commerce needs
- Creating custom blocks and block patterns in Gutenberg editor
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Troubleshoot and resolve website bugs and errors
- 1-2 years of professional experience with WordPress plugin and theme development, architecture, and standards
- In depth experience working with WP core including actions, filters, hooks, classes, custom post types.
- Proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
We are on a mission to build women-first tech team by creating high-performance and safe space for women professionals. Fit the bill? We highly recommend you to apply! Drop us an email at email@example.com