[Jobs] WordPress Developer
As a WordPress Developer, you’re responsible for applying fundamentals of WordPress to make websites more data-driven. You will build infrastructure to create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
Experience — 3 to 5 years
Location — New Delhi, India
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers often “own” features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks, or tackling tasks which require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes – from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over communicating.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see and are excited to work on tasks that impact millions of users.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re a team player who is comfortable working along side and helping other developers, and you don’t take critical feedback personally.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Building new features and functionalities
- Creating plugins from scratch for marketing, content, commerce needs
- Creating custom blocks and block patterns in Gutenberg editor
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Troubleshoot and resolve website bugs and errors
- 3-5 years of professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards
- In depth experience working with WP core including actions, filters, hooks, classes, custom post types.
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Ability to use and extend build tools like webpack.
- Familiarity with package managers such as Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg Razorpay, Hubspot, MailChimp, Zapier, etc).
- Competent with version control through git and GitHub.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Have experience working on a large-scale system. Making it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; having experience with testing frameworks, performance testing and unit testing is very welcome.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.