Japanese tea factory
Gyokuro tea processing factory in Japan has a data visualization version of the factory and the operators get real time information of what’s happening with each batch.
Here’s what happens with tea processing:
- Weight input
- Steam to deactivate the enzymes
- Hot air rolling to reduce moisture w
- Hot pain rolling to bring out the flavors
- Hot air rolling to reduce moisture (again)
- Shaping the leaves for consistency
- Sorter to remove clumps
All throughout machines suck out low grade dust that gets used in green tea teabags.